Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blogging On.

I don’t like the word “diabetes.” It’s the “eez” sound I don’t like. It sounds like rabies or scabies, something vile and potentially itchy. I prefer to say “I’m a diabetic.” That sounds more like a heretic or a skeptic, someone left of center, maybe even intellectual. But let’s face it, it all means the same thing: pancreas failius.

I also don’t like the word “blog.” That sounds like some big piece of wet wood, a ‘bloated log’ or something. Green and slippery with algae. Stinky. Bet let’s face it, I’m starting one.

I won’t be “blogging my ass off.” I’m more of a short, quippy writer, I think. We’ll see. Besides, there’s really no cardio component to this exercise, so more likely I’d be “blogging my ass on.”

So that’s that. I’ve begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment