Monday, May 24, 2010

For several years, I have gotten my car washed at one place: Mermaid Car Wash, on Louisiana Ave, just off 394. Why? Because there is a resident Macaw named Seaweed. She's always kept a keen eye on me, listening to me coo, but always kept her distance. Today, I took my hubby's car in to get it cleaned inside and out as a surprise, thinking I'd get the same discerning eye from Seaweed as I'd gotten in the past.

Nope.

She recognized me. She shuffled along her amazing tree house thing and came right over to me. She offered her left foot up to me, obviously saying, "Come on, pick me up!" The other people in the place were flummoxed! So, without a second thought, I lifted my arm to her and she hopped on, instantly climbing her way up to my shoulder. "I'm a PIRATE!" I said, super confident in her intentions. She chewed on my hair, nibbled on my fingers, fluffed at my words. We were totally getting each other. It was so cool.

Then my sweet husband's car was done, and our moment was over. I love Mermaid Car Wash. I love Seaweed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment